White Star grass (Dichromena colorata)
White Star grass (Dichromena colorata) is a beautiful shallow water marginal pond plant. This is an collectable plant with pretty white star shaped flowers which sit atop grass like foliage. Great for planting out later in the season as it can continue into November giving your pond a late burst of colour. It will also provide a good food source for pollinating insects and birds. Perfect for planting in the margins of your pond but will also thrive alongside streams and rivers and in wetland areas as underplanting.
- Position in full sun or part shade.
- Height 30-60cm (12-24 in) tall when mature.
- Planting depth 0cm to 5cm.
- Wildlife friendly.
- Flowers from late June into November.
- Cut back in winter after flowering to promote the plants health and new growth.
- Easy to maintain and can be cut back and divided as it matures.
- Will become dormant in the winter.
- Product Code: M0255
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.