Dwarf Bullrush (Typha minima)
Dwarf Bullrush (Typha minima). Also known as Dwarf Reedmace. It is a cheerful little plant with slim stems growing to 2 ft and producing short cylindrical, brown seedheads. It flowers from July to September and is a very good plant for attracting pollinators and aquatic wildlife. These seedheads can be left on for an attractive display all winter and they provide a good winter food source for small birds. Suitable for planting in streams, ponds and bog gardens.
- Not invasive like its larger cousins and is thus suitable for smaller pools or stream sides.
- Planting depth 1 to 10cm (1 to 4in) of water above crown
- Likes to be positioned in full sun.
- Plant in the shallow water at the margin of your pond.
- Flowers from July to September
- Wildlife friendly
- Height 60cm (24in)
- Cut back in early spring to promote new growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M1030
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.