Gardeners Garters (Phalaris arundinacea ‘Picta’)
Gardeners Garters (Phalaris arundinacea ‘Picta’) is an attractive shallow water marginal pond plant. however care is needed when planting Gardeners Garters as is it is quite rampant. It is really only suitable for areas where it can be constrained or by, large pools where quick colonisation is required. It is not unattractive however with a distinctive parallel variegation of cream and white, and a grass like seedhead in summer.
- Shallow water, marginal pond, plant.
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- Height 60-152cm (24-60in),
- spread indefinite. Very invasive.
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4in) of water above soil level.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0730
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.