Giant horsetail Equisetum hyemale
Giant horsetail Equisetum hyemale (Equisetum hyemale var. robustum) is a perennial herbaceous plant. It is a shallow water marginal plant. A very grand plant composed of cylindrical hollow evergreen green stems with white and black knots going up its stems which looks good all year round. It does not have leaves. Good for providing year round interest and is a striking addition to any pond providing good architecture to your pond. A good plant for providing support to dragonflies and is a favourite habitat/shelter for frogs
- Plant in full sun or partial shade grows upright.
- Wildlife friendly.
- Height 120cm (48in) tall when mature.
- Planting depth up to 15cm (6in) depth of water above the crown. Likes permanently moist waterlogged soil.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0261
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday between 08:30am and 16:30 pm and we are also available via email email@example.com. We are happy to help with any queries you may have and advise as required.