Water Plantain (Alisma parviflora)
Water Plantain (Alisma parviflora). This american water planting is a shallow water plant. It has attractively ribbed, round foliage complimented by sprays of pinkish white flowers all summer long. These tall, emergent, marginal water plants are a good habitat for emerging pond insects and are also attractive to amphibians, birds and mammals. A very good plant to have to attract wildlife into your garden. Suitable for planting in the margins of ponds, lakes, rivers and streams.
- Planting depth 2cm to 12cm (3in to 5in )
- Height 45cm ( 18 in ).
- Spread 0.5m when mature after 5 – 10 years.
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Product Code: M0060
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.