Iris Laevigata Snowdrift. Marginal plant
Iris Laevigata Snowdrift. Marginal plant. Is a beautiful Japanese water iris for growing in shallow pond margins or around the edges in moist soil. It has lovely white flowers flushed with lilac, each flower has six petals. It has erect green sword-shaped leaves which give height and structure to pond planting as well as providing habitat for emerging dragonflies and other aquatic animals.
- A perennial iris that grows in shallow water or moist soil. It is ideal for growing is shallow pond margins, lakes, streams and bog gardens.
- Planting depth 0-5cm of water above crown.
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Height 60cm to 80cm when mature.
- Cut back after flowering to promote plants health and encourage next years growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.