Himalayan marigold (Caltha Palustris Alba)
Himalayan marigold (Caltha Palustris Alba) is a marginal shallow water plant. It is a white flowering form of the more commonly known marsh marigold. The pretty blooms having white petals with yellow centres and we love to see them in flower. Like its yellow cousin it flowers early in the season letting you know that spring is here and often produces more blooms later in the summer. It is happy growing in an inch or two of water in your pond margins or in boggy ground at the water’s edge.
- Forms clumps to 30cm (24in) across
- Height 15cm (6 inches).
- Plant in 0-6 cm of water or in permanently moist boggy ground.
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- Easy to maintain cut back after flowering to promote new growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Care:-Harmful if eaten.
- Product Code: M0130
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from Monday to Friday 08:30am to 16:30pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.