Iris Pseudacorus x versicolor Regal Surprise
Iris Pseudacorus x versicolor Regal Surprise is a beautiful shallow water plant. Irises with their sword like leaves and colourful flowers are an asset to any pond and can also be planted in wetlands, alongside streams and rivers or in bog gardens. Regal Surprise is particularly attractive. It is a hybrid between the yellow flag iris, pseudacorus and Iris versicolour.
- The flower has vibrant violet-purple with a yellow signal on the falls patterned with black and white styles and standard.
- This marginal like full sun and flowers in early summer
- Height 0.5 – 1 metre (19 inches to 39 inches)
- Position at the edge of your pond or in boggy conditions.
- Can be planted with up to a depth of 15 cm ( 6 inches) of water above the soil level.
- We recommend you cut back after flowing period and remove any decaying foliage.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root; this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:3pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our Plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.