Mares tail (Hippuris Vulgaris) Oxygenator.
Mares tail (Hippuris Vulgaris) Oxygenator. Common Mares tail is a native oxygenating pond plant. This is supplied in weighted bunches for you to put into the bottom of your pond at home. This plant has stems clad with whorls of soft blue-green foliage and appear like a small pine forest under the water, truly beautiful. It is suitable for any type of pond large or small and will make a fantastic addition to your garden.
- Mares tails provide useful cover for small fish and other pond wildlife as well as being excellent for maintaining clean, healthy water..
- Supplied in weighted bunches – Simply drop into the water.
- You can secure to the bottom of your pond with pea gravel to control the growth.
- Planting depth of water 30-90cm (12 to 36 in) underneath the water
- Grows best in full sun to partial shade and in still or slow-moving water
- This plant will send roots off on vine like stems.
- Easy to maintain will become dormant during the winter and will show its new growth in during late spring.
- Please note that we ship all of our plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots prior to shipping. During the summer months we may need to trim some foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.