Iris Versicolor Dark Aura
Iris Versicolor Dark Aura is a beautiful iris the blooms are dark purple in colour with distinctive narrow sword shaped leaves. It is free flowering between May and June. Iris’s are semi-aquatic plants often referred to as bog or marginal plants and and provide a colourful backdrop. An iris makes a good addition to garden ponds, lakes, alongside streams and even in a moist garden spot and bog garden’s. They are also beneficial for wildlife providing cover and perching places for aquatic wildlife and insects.
- Grows to 40cm – 70 cm when mature
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4 in) of water above soil. or in moist soil.
- Flowers between May and June.
- Marginal pond plant (shallow water plant).
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- This Iris prefers full sun to partial shade in damp moist well drained. You can cut back during the winter and remove any brown colour leaves. This Iris is a hardy plant.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.