Iris versicolour ‘Gerald Derby’ Shallow water plant
Iris versicolour ‘Gerald Derby’. This iris produces lots of purplish blue hued flowers. The stems are purplish and this is especially decorative in the spring. Shallow water, marginal pond plant suitable for planting in the margins of your ponds or arounds lakes, streams and bog gardens in wet soil. Iris’s are good plants to have in your pond to help aquatic wildlife get out of the pond as they emerge from the water.
- Grows to 100-120cm (3-4 ft)
- Happy in wet soil or up to 10cm to 15cm (4in to 6 in) of water
- Easy to maintain. Cut back on a diagonal after flowering in late Autumn and remove any dead foliage in spring as the new growth starts.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday between 08:30am and 16:30pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.