Japanese Water Iris (Iris Laevigata)
Japanese Water Iris (Iris Laevigata) is a perennial iris that grows in shallow water in the margins. It has erect, sword-shaped leaves and rich purple flowers 8-10cm in width, each fall with a narrow white flash at the base. Suitable for growing in the shallow margins of all size ponds or around the edges in moist soil.
- Planting depth 0-5cm in shallow water or in moist soil.
- Height to 70cm (28 ins)
- Flowering time is from May to June.
- Plant out at any time of year, we would recommend from February to November.
- Remove and spent flowers when they have finished floweing.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.