Blue flag iris (Iris Versicolor)
Blue flag iris (Iris Versicolor) is a shallow water marginal pond plant. It produces violet/blue flowers with yellow patches at the base of the petals. With upright impressive sword like leaves and beautiful flowers these make the perfect addition to any pond. It is best grown in the margins of your pond and is suitable for all size ponds and lakes even container gardening given the right conditions. It is beneficial to wild life helping new aquatic wildlife emerge from the water as well as being good for pollinators.
- Grows to 60cm (24in) when mature.
- Position in full sun to part shade.
- Flowers from June to August
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4 in) of water. It is also happy in wet moist soil but should not be allowed to dry out.
- Cut back after foliage has died late autumn
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0430
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from Monday to Friday between 08:30am and 16:30pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.