Pond Sedge. Carex Riparia ‘Variegata’
Pond Sedge. Carex Riparia ‘Variegata’ is a shallow water marginal pond plant. With white and green striped, linear leaves. A vigorously spreading, rhizomatous, perennial with tall stems bearing stout, erect, dark brown flowering spikes in early summer. It is useful for repairing river banks and canals or in wetland areas, it will spread. It can be controlled in the margins of a pond by planting in a basket.
- Positing in full sun to part sun.
- Height 30cm to 50 cm ( 12 in to 19 in )
- Planting depth 0-15cm ( 0-6in ) of water above soil level.
- Can be planted in permanently moist soil into river banks and alongside lakes and streams.
- Easy to maintain cut back after flowering and finished.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0205
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.