Striped Bullrush (Scirpus albecens)
Striped Bullrush (Scirpus albecens) is a shallow water, marginal pond, plant. This architectural plant has to be one of our favourites. The tall stems have vertical stripes running up their length. It is sun loving and can become almost pure white. It is suitable for planting in the margins of your ponds, lakes, streams and wetlands. This plant also plays a vital part in providing a natural habitat for fish and other emerging wildlife.
- Planting depth of up to 25cm (10in) of water above crown
- Height to 108cm (42in) when mature.
- Flowers from July to September
- Position in full sun.
- Cut back spent flower heads and any dead foliage in spring. Take care not to damage new growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0910
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from 08:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.