(Iris Pseudacorus ‘Variegata’)
Variegated Yellow Flag Iris (Iris Pseudacorus ‘Variegata’) is a handsome shallow water marginal pond plant. This iris produces spectacular yellow/green variegated leaves from very early spring. The rich yellow flowers appear from early to mid summer. As the summer progresses the variegation in the leaves tends to fade. Suitable for planting in your pond margins, alongside lakes and streams and in bog gardens or wetland areas.
- Variegated Yellow Flag Iris will perform best in full sun but will tolerate semi-shade, although if too dark the variegation will suffer. Grow in moist soil or shallow water.
- When mature can produce large clumps.
- Height up to 152cm (5 ft) tall
- Planting depth maximum up to 10cm over the crown.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0420
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.