Variegated Reed Mace (Typha latifolia)
Variegated Reed Mace (Typha latifolia) is a shallow water, marginal pond, plant. The foliage is the thing about this plant. It is vertically striped yellow and green with a brown poker flower head. Flowering July to October. Recommended for larger ponds lakes and streams. You can use in boarders, pond margins and bog gardens. This beautiful plant will give you an attractive architectural feature to your garden.
- Vigorous – not for a small pond.
- Height 90-120cm (36-48in)
- Spread 30cm to 50 cm.
- Planting depth 0-50cm (0-20in)
- Position in full sun.
- Cut back old flowers and old foliage in spring.
- Low Maintenance.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.