Hart’s tongue fern ‘Angustatum’
Hart’s tongue fern ‘Angustatum’, (Asplenium scolopendrium ‘Angustatum’), is a beautiful Moisture loving evergreen fern. With short usually erect rhizomes bearing a rosette of slightly leathery fronds which may be simple but unfurl to display the wonderful young leaves, which are bright green in colour. An attractive plant for any garden useful for a damp shady position. We like this plant because of its versatility as you are also able to grow this in a container in damp well drained soil in the shade making it ideal for patio areas
- Likes moist well drained soil and will thrive when planted in full shade.
- Will tolerate drier conditions if it is mulched and kept regularly watered during the first season.
- Easy to care for.
- Aftercare, remove dead or damaged fronds as necessary.
- Height 0.1-0.5 metres
- Spread 0.1-0.5 metres
- Plant in full shade to partial shade in moist fertile well drained soil, water well whist establishing and keep soil moist in hot dry periods this could require additional watering in summer months.
- A hardy perennial will come back year after year.
- Needs protection in the spring from slugs and snails you can prune the plant as you notice damage.
- IN winter once the leaves have fallen naturally it is safe to take them off and trim the foliage back.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.