Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare) Native.
Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare) Native. A perennial with dark green spoon-shaped leaves and solitary white, daisy-like flower heads with yellow disk florets, in late spring and early summer. Very easy to grow, and once you have them they will keep popping up in odd places, but I don’t find them a nuisance because they are so lovely. They are very good for bees, butterflies and other pollinators such as night time moths. It has nectar rich flowers and also seeds for the small birds making this plant extremely wildlife friendly.
- Their natural habitat is in grassland and woodland areas.
- Moisture loving.
- They do best when positioned in full sun or partial shade.
- Likes nutrient poor well drained soil.
- Will naturally spread if on their own
- Flowers from May to September.
- Also known as Marguerite and many other common names.
Height 50-100cm (20-39in)
- Spread 10-50cm (4-20ins)
- Perfect for pollinators
- Product Code: P0270
- Please note that we ship all of our plants bareroot. This means that we wash the soil from the roots prior to shipping. During the summer months we may need to trim some foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.