Fox and Cubs (Pilosella aurantica)
Fox and Cubs (Pilosella aurantica), is a pretty native plant which likes moist well drained soil. Clusters of orange flowers are held on tall stems, 23cm (9in) high, through the summer. The flower stems grow from a basal rosette of hairy, oval leaves. Suitable for planting around your pond, bogs areas, woodlands, grasslands and meadow style planting.
- Likes moist, well drained soil.
- Consider the plants ability to self propagate when your deciding where to plant as this plant will spread.
- Other common names include Orange Hawkweed, Devil’s Paintbrush and Orange Paintbrush.
- Enjoys a sunny spot to partial shade.
- Hardy perennial
- Good for bees, butterflies moths and other pollinators.
- Cut spent flowers back after flowering to prevent self seeding and spread.
- Flowers from May to September.
Height 23 cm (9in)
- Spread 20 cm (8in)
- We ship all moisture loving plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help you with any queries you may have.