Hosta ‘Frances Williams ‘
Hosta ‘Frances Williams ‘is a herbaceous clump forming perennial. It has thick green heart shaped leaves with a lighter green boarder and flowers white from mid to late summer with its flower known to attract pollinators. It is a very eye catching plant and will provide interest in your garden and is really good for ground cover.
- Suitable for boarders, ground cover and woodlands.
- Suitable for containers and planters will require additional watering.
- Best planted in early spring
- Flowers freely in mid to late summer with white flowers.
- Grows to 50cm – 100cm when mature.
- Make sure you give your plant and extra drink in hot weather.
- Use mulch to protect the plant during winter.
- Cut any spent foliage after flowering before winter.
- Plant in full shade to partial shade in moist fertile well drained soil, water well whist establishing and keep soil moist in hot dry periods this could require additional watering in summer months.
- A hardy perennial will come back year after year dormant during winter months.
- Needs protection in the spring from slugs and snails you can prune the plant as you notice damage.
- In winter once the leaves have fallen naturally it is safe to take them off and trim the foliage back.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.