Hosta Morning Star
A beautiful variety of Hosta, morning star has lance-shaped leaves with a dark green margin surrounding a flamy light yellow leaf centre. The trumpet shaped, lavender flowers appear in late summer. Hosta’s are prized for their lush attractive foliage. Strong waxy leaves provide great ground cover and contrast well with other plants in your garden. An ideal plant to grow in drifts along a shaded border. Hosta’s are also the ideal plant for container growing. This plant is also suitable for the Pondside/Bog garden.
- Place around the edge of a pond, providing soil is damp and not waterlogged. Alternatively plant in damp areas of the garden.
- Hostas are excellent perennials for shade that require minimal care
- Plant in partial or full shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil but not waterlogged.
- Height 50cm
- Spread 70cm
- Flowers during late summer.
- Easy to maintain.
- Hosta go completely dormant in the fall you can remove the dying foliage any time before mid spring and watch the new growth start.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.