Male Fern. Dryopteris filix-mas
Male Fern is a hardy perennial robust deciduous fern. It is clump forming a shuttlecock-like tuft of lance-shaped, bipinnatifid fronds up to 1.2m in height and green in colour. Suitable for bog gardens, woodland gardens, ideal for dark and dry positions and underplanting of roses and shrubs and in beds boarders and woodlands. A beautiful addition to any garden an impressive plant, easy to maintain and good for difficult corners of the garden.
- Plant in partial or full shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil not waterlogged soil but do not allow the soil to dry out. Water regular whilst establishing.
- Height 120cm when mature
- Spread 120cm when mature
- Growing period from April to October.
- Remove damaged fronds as required to promote growth.
- We ship all plants bareroot this means that we wash the soil from the roots before shipping and your plant will be ready to pot or moved into its permanent home. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information we are available between the hours of 08:30am and 16:30pm and via email. Our team would be happy to help with any queries you may have,