Meadow Sweet (Filipendula ulmaria)
Meadow Sweet (Filipendula ulmaria) is a native upright perennial moisture loving plant. An indigenous plant that has bold ferny, foliage which forms an attractive, bushy clump. It also bears delightful, feathery, spires of scented creamy white flowers from June to August. This plant is excellent growing at the water’s side as well as in any damp to wet area. It is used for wetland and damp meadow planting and can be found on riverbanks. It is nectar rich making it good for dragonflies, hoverflies ladybirds & other pollinators are also keen on this wildflower
- Likes damp soil but not waterlogged.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Has a sweet fragrance.
- Height 90cm ( 36in )
- Spread 60cm ( 24in )
- Flowers from June to August.
- Wildlife friendly
- Cut back after flowering.
- We ship all of our plants bareroot. This mean tht we wash the soil from the roots before shipping. During the summer months we may need to trim some foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30an and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have,