Osmunda regalis ‘Purpurascens’. Purple royal fern
Osmunda regalis ‘Purpurascens’, Purple royal fern, is a large and spectacular fern, ideal for growing either at the pond edge or in the bog garden. Plants form a distinct clump of tall, arching fronds of fresh green divided leaves. The stems and also the early leaves of this fern are purplish in colour and the stems remain purple throughout the season.
- Suitable for growing in bog gardens and around ponds and streams in shaded areas.
- For best results grow Purple Royal Fern in moist well drained soil, preferably acidic soil.
- Position in partial shade (will tolerate full sun in cooler regions if given sufficient moisture).
- Prune out old leaves in late winter once nay fronds have died back or turned yellow.
- Height 1.5 meters ( 4 feet 11 inches )
- Spread 100cm ( 3 feet 3 inches )
- For shipping the plants are sent out bare root this means that all the soil is washed off and your plants are ready for either potting on into a larger pot or directly into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information we are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and via email at info@wetland plants.co.uk and are happy to help with any queries you may have.