Hesperantha Red (Kaffir Lily)
Hesperantha Red (Kaffir Lily) is an attractive, clump forming perennial plant. Formally known as Schizostylis. This one has graceful red flowers and tall, iris like leaves. It will certainly make a beautiful addition to any garden. Late flowering from September providing your garden with beautiful colour in winter. This kaffir lily is ideal to plant around the edges of your pond, in a bog garden or near a water source. They do well when planted in groups.
- Kaffir lilies make a really useful addition to the garden as it flowers in the late Autumn and into winter bringing delightful colour and interest when other flowers are finishing the growing season.
- This plant likes damp soil but not waterlogged especially during winter to avoid root rot. Keep cool during the summer by regular watering.
- Best to plant in early spring, autumn or a mild winter but not in the heat of full summer.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade keep well watered during the dryer summer months.
- Height 40 – 60cm (16-24in)
- Easy to maintain.
- Dead head flowers to prolong flowering. Cut down stems after flowering
- Product code P0362M
- We ship all plants bare root; this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.