Primula denticulata ‘ Alba ‘ ( Drumstick primula )
Drumstick primula white, Primula denticulata ‘Alba’ has stout stems bearing dense rounded clusters of white flowers in spring. It is a herbaceous perennial plant with oblong, spoon-shaped, green leaves which form a basal rosette. Cut back stalks after flowering. It is a good nectar source for bees and other pollinators. Suitable for use in beds and boarders, bog gardens, at the edge of ponds in moist soil but not directly in water. It is also suitable for patio gardening and containers.
This primula is a beautiful addition to any garden and will add wonderful colour as well as structural architecture in spring.
- Clump forming.
- Likes moist well drained soil. Grows in partial shade or sun.
- You are able to plant when dormant during the winter to allow the roots to develop in your own space ready for the spring.
- Height 30cm ( 12 inches )
- Spread 30 cm ( 12 inches )
- Flowers from mid spring to early summer
- Good for bees and wildlife
- Easy to maintain.
- Cut back after flowering to promote next years new growth.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries