Drumstick primula ‘rubin’. Primula denticulata ‘rubin’
Drumstick primula ‘rubin’, Primula denticulata ‘rubin’. This beautiful primula has stout stems bearing dense, rounded clusters of cerise pink flowers in spring. It is a rosette-forming herbaceous perennial. The attractive, green leaves are oblong and spoon-shaped. It has a long flowering season and is a good nectar source for bees and other pollinators. Suitable for use in beds and boarders, bog gardens, at the edge of ponds in moist soil but not directly in water. It is also suitable for patio gardening and containers.
- Best planted in very early spring for you to see the flowers in your garden. But don’t worry this is a plant that you can plant any time of year even in winter when dormant to give the roots chance to develop in your space in time for flowering in the spring.
- Clump forming
- Likes moist but well drained soil.
- Position in partial shade or sun
- Height 30cm ( 12 inches )
- Spread 30 cm ( 12 inches )
- Flowers from mid spring to early summer
- Good for bees and wildlife
- Easy to maintain.
- We recommend that you cut back stalks after flowering to promote nthe next years new growth.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries