Bladderwort (Utricularia Vulgaris) Native oxygenator
Bladderwort is an interesting, native, carnivorous, pond plant that supplements its diet with small aquatic insects. The bladders, which are clearly visible, are sophisticated traps. They contain a vacuum and prey trigger the trap which sucks them into the bladder.
- Also produces flowers in summer which are similar to small, yellow snapdragons.
- A submerged plant which you drop into your pond.
- This plant survives the winter by producing special buds (turions). These buds sink to the bottom of the pond or lake before rising again in the spring. Therefore, they are available during summer months only.
- Prefers slightly acidic water.
- Sold by the strand and is transported in a bag of water.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from Monday to Friday between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.