Water violet (Hottonia palustris) Native.
Water violet, Hottonia palustris is a pretty, native oxygenator hardy perennial. prefers calm clear shallow water which is soft and acidic. It can go deeper once it is well established. A beautiful plant with light pink flowers and a fern like foliage which flower between May and June. It is fine in full sun if fully submerged otherwise it prefers part shade or full shade if planted in the bog garden. This plant is suitable for ponds and bog gardens. Attracts butterflies bees and other pollinators. It works to oxygenate the water and provides a habitat for fish to lay eggs and cover for snails and other aquatic animals.
- Height 20-40cm when mature
- Planting depth 6-20 cm (2-8ins) of water over the soil level.
- Flowers between May and June.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plan
- We ship all of our plants bareroot which means we wash all the soil off before shipping. Please note that during the summer months we might need to trim of some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are open from 08:30am to 16:30pm Monday to Friday and via email. Our team would be happy to help with any questions you may have.