Barley Straw Single – algae & blanket weed control
Barley Straw Single. Natural decomposition of Barley Straw gives rise to anti- algae factors which are effective against algae and also blanket weed. This pack treats 3500 litres (800 gallons) for 6 months. Barley straw is a more natural method to maintenance, and to prevent potential damage to the pond in the long run. Whilst barley cannot remove algae as fast as other chemical treatments, it works as a great long-term control method and can help stop algae coming back in future, which is why it’s becoming more popular
- Barley Straw takes 4 weeks to activate therefore, ideally, place it in the water before the algae problem starts.
- Oxygen is essential for the process and the best place for the barley is on the water surface near a waterfall or pump outlet if available.
- A piece of garden twine or string can be used to secure the barley to the edge or base of the pond.
- For continuous control replace the barley straw pouches every six months. Remove the old pouch one month after replacing with a new one in order to ensure continuous control.
- Product Code: YWBSSING
- Contact us if you require more information