Escarboucle Water Lily (Nymphaea Escarboucle)
The Escarboucle Water Lily (Nymphaea Escarboucle) produces the most attractive and fragrant ruby-red flowers which are up to 30cm (12in) across. This is a lily that opens quite early in the day giving your pond an early burst of colour. This magnificent lily is suitable for medium to larger ponds or lakes and needs space to flourish.
- If not planted too deeply (30ins/45cm), it has a prolonged flowering time
- In wet and miserable weather the flowers can be whitish-pink when they first open
- Many experts think this is the best red of all, but it needs plenty of space, and is thus suitable for medium to large pools
- Flowers from June to September.
- Planting depth of water above soil level 45-100cm. Likes full sun in undisturbed water.
- Spread 180cms (72ins)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Becomes dormant during the winter. New growth starts to appear in Spring as the weather warms.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NR070
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.