Mexicana water lily. Nymphaea Mexicana.
Mexicana water lily is a dwarf lily suitable for small ponds tubs and barrels. It has beautiful yellow flowers with many pointed petals which are held high above the water on strong stems. The blooms are wonderfully fragrant and can vary in colour from a pale to yellow to a bright yellow. The floating leaves are green blotched with purple providing good coverage to your pond surface and a natural habitat for aquatic wildlife.
- Flowers between June and September.
- Position – Flowers best in full sun in still water.
- Spread of leaves 30 cm when mature.
- Planting depth 15 -25 cm from the rhizome to the surface of the water.
- A hardy plant but should be protected in winter.
- Our lily’s are grown naturally outdoors all year round.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed directly into the soil.
- We ship all lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants for shipping . During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via email. Our plant nursery team will be happy to help with any queries you may have .