Nymphaea ‘ Newton ‘ ( Red Lily )
Nymphaea ‘ Newton ‘ ( Red Lily ) A beautiful red lily the flower petals are a colour red with pink tips. The flower shape is like a star with very narrow petals. The fragrance is very slight on this lily and it is wonderfully free flowering. Recommend for medium to large ponds or lakes. Provides good shade and resting places for aquatic wildlife.
- Flower size is 15 – 20 cm which is ( 6 – 8 inches ) the number of petals is19
- Leaf colour The top of the leaves are green with purple blotches the underside of the leaves are a brownish red . The leaf is nearly round with sinus open. The Stem colour is reddish brown with some short fuzz on peduncle and petiole .
- Leaf size is 23 cm ( 9 inches )
- Leaf spread 1.1 – 1.5 m ( 3 – 5 feet ) when mature
- With long narrow flower petals which are found only in a few hardy water lilies. The new flowers resemble many tropical water lilies and are held about 7 cm above water level.
- Planting depth is 45 – 90 cm ( 18 – 35 inches ) from the soil level positioned in full sun.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR097
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls. Simply push into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping