Nymphaea ‘ Rembrandt ‘ Red Lily
Nymphaea ‘ Rembrandt ‘ Red Lily ‘ also none as ( Meteor ) Is a beautiful red lily the flower colour is pink -red , the inner petals are red the outer petals are pink with white tips. This lily has semi-double blooms and its shape is peony-like . The fragrance is slight and it is a free flowering lily.
- Flower size 15 – 18 cm ( 6 – 7 inches ) number of petals 26 – 27
- Leaf colour The new leaves have a shade off burgundy maturing to rich green as they develop. The leaf is round and the sinus closed. The Stem colour is rhubarb red with some purple stripes to be found .
- Leaf size is 23 cm ( 9 inches ) when mature
- Leaf spread 1.2 – 2 m ( 4 – 6 feet ) when mature
- Nymphaea ‘ Rembrandt ‘ is a classic semi-double water lily and we would recommended this lily for medium to large ponds
- Planting depth 30 – 90 cm ( 12 – 36 inches ) from soil level.
- Position in full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Product Code: NR126
- Water lilies are vert heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash all the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping