Odorata Sulphurea water lily
Odorata Sulphurea water lily. (Nymphaea) is a wonderfully scented water lily with an open mid yellow flower. The blooms start cup like in shape and then become stellate (star like) and measure 6-7 in (15-18 cm) across. They also have a fragrance that is quite sweet and attractive to pollinators. Recommended for small to medium ponds this is a very attractive lily and will bring some summer brightness into your pond as well as providing a good habitat for aquatic wildlife.
- The leaves are mottled with Burgundy when young and becoming green with maturity. Leaf size is up to 10 by 9 in (25 by 23 cm)
- Spread 36-48 in (90-120 cm)
- It is probably the best yellow water lily for a medium to small pond.
- Planting depth 18″-24″
- Position in full sun in still water
- Hardy at Wetland Plants we grow all our lily’s naturally in outdoor ponds all year round.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- Product Code: NW030
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.