Red Water Lily ‘Vesuve’ Nymphaea ‘Vesuve’
Red Water Lily ‘Vesuve,’ Nymphaea ‘Vesuve’, the flowers are a brilliant glowing red. The flower is star shaped. Fragrance is especially noticeable in the first day flowers. Recommend for any size pond lily’s create a good habitat for nature. Not only are they pretty but they provide resting places and shelter from the sun.
- Vesuve is one of the great lilies. It has a long blooming season, flowers open early in the day and stay open late. Most petals are concave and many have two length wise creases, giving the flower a unique look.
- This lily is recommended for any size pond.
- Flower size 18 cm ( 7 inches ) Number of petals 22 – 23
- Leaf colour top green underside bronzy brown. Leaf nearly round, sinus wide open. Stem colour purple
- Leaf size 23 – 25 cm ( 9 – 10 inches )
- Leaf spread 1.2m ( 4 feet ) when mature
- Planting depth 45 – 90 cm ( 18 – 30 inches ) from soil level
- Position on full sun in still water.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across.
- Water lilies are heavy feeders and benefit from a slow release fertilizer specially prepared for aquatic plants such as Growth Balls which can simply be pushed into the soil.
- We ship all water lilies bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing the plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information.
- Product Code: NR133