Lesser Water Plantain (Baldellia Ranunculoides)
Lesser Water Plantain (Baldellia Ranunculoides) is a delightful aquatic plant whose common name is Lesser water plantain. A pretty little plant that produces whorles of lilac flowers which have three petals each. It is a herbaceous perennial which means that it’s leaves will die down overwinter but will reappear in the spring. Lesser water plantain makes a great addition to any area of shallow water and also works well in small container water features.
- This perennial herb is naturally found in habitats at the water’s edge where potential competitors are restricted by fluctuating water levels, disturbance or moderate exposure. Baldellia ranunculoides has declined in the wild due to the destruction of small bodies of water and the colonisation of others by more competitive species once grazing ceases.
- Easy to grow.
- Plant at the edge of pool where the water is not too deep.
- Flowering time is from May to August.
- Height 10 to 15cm (4 to 6 in).
- Planting depth 0 to 10cm (0 to 4in) of water .
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0080
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available from Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.