Brooklime (Veronica beccabunga)
Brooklime (Veronica beccabunga) is a native, shallow water, plant. It has rounded fleshy leaves which grow on creeping stems and pretty small blue flowers are borne in clusters. Ideal for masking pool edges it will also grow in shady damp borders. It is a great plant for wildlife pond margins as it is easy to control and provides cover for emerging tadpoles and other aquatic wildlife and its flowers are a good source of food for pollinators.
- Height 25cm (10in).
- Depth 0-10cm (0-4 in) of water above soil level.
- Plant in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers between May and September.
- Wildlife friendly.
- Good for wildlife providing cover and shelter and a favourite for newts to lay their eggs.
- Easy to maintain. Remove dead or decaying foliage in late autumn and trim if required.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M1040
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim back some foliage for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.