Bushy Horsetail (Equisetum Scirpoides)
Bushy Horsetail (Equisetum Scirpoides) also known as Dwarf Scouring Rush because of it’s likeness to a scouring pad. It is a native marginal plant. Clump forming plant that produces a mass of green, grass-like stems, each bearing bands of brown. A useful plant as it is evergreen. Not as vigorous as others in the family. Suitable for all types of ponds alongside lakes rivers and streams in permanently moist soil. Adds attractive but different shape to your ponds and provides good shelter and perching places for aquatic animals and insects.
- Height to 30cm (12in )
- Spread of 25cm ( 9in )
- Planting depth damp soil or 0-5cm ( 0-2in ) of water.
- Position if full sun to part shade.
- Easy to maintain cut down late autumn to promote the next years growth.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0270
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.