Carex paniculata ( Great tussock sedge )
Native marginal/bog plant
Carex paniculata is a rare native sedge also known as Great tussock sedge. This is one of the the UK’s largest sedges which grows into large, tough clumps in wet areas.
- Can be planted in wet moist soil or in water up to a maximum depth of 10 cm ( 4inches ) above soil level
- Likes wet to moist soil in full sun to partial shade do not allow to dry out .
- Maximum height 1.5 metres ( 4ft 11in )
- Spread of 1m after 2-3 years when mature.
- Can be cut back in winter.
- Plant directly in soil or in a planting basket.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants ready for potting on or planting direct into their permanent position.
- During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday
- Email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.