Watercress (Nasturtium Aquaticum) native Shallow water plant
Watercress (Nasturtium Aquaticum) native, shallow water plant it will quite quickly form large rafts of floating and submerged leaves which are a haven for fish and other aquatic wildlife. It is quite easy to control It is a fast-growing plant but can be cut back to control. It is happy in slow moving water and is also useful as a filter plant and near waterfalls/features. It will thrive in the margins of your pond as well as streams and rivers. It produces beautiful white flowers with green leaves from May to August.
- Height 15cm in) when mature
- Flowers white May to August.
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-4in)
- Likes to be in full sun to partial shade
- Good for wildlife providing cover and shelter and a favourite for newts to lay their eggs.
- Remove decaying foliage after flowering.
- Benefits from feeding once a year in spring.
- Product Code: M0690
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30 am and 16:30 pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.