Juncus articulatus (Jointed Rush)
Juncus articulatus, also known as Jointed Rush, is a native marginal plant. It is a clump forming plant which develops attractive, dark brown to black seed heads. An all round plant it is good for planting in ponds streams lakes and bog gardens. It will also thrive damp fields and marshes. Adds architectural structure and height to any garden and provides a good habitat/coverage for wildlife.
- Suitable for planting in streams, ponds, lakes and bog gardens.
- Flowering in June to September.
- Height 40 – 60 cm (15 inches – 24 inches)
- Plant directly in soil or in a planting basket.
- Planting depth 0.2cm over the crown,
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and via email. Our team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.