Marsh Woundwort (Stachys palustris)
Marsh Woundwort (Stachys palustris) is a member of the mint family. A shallow water native plant with dense spikes of purple/ pink flowers June to July on upright stems. It can be grown in your pond margins alongside lakes and streams. It is a beautiful plant that will add colour to your garden.
- Wildlife friendly and loved by bees.
- Position in full sun or part shade.
- Like mint it has a spreading habit and to keep it under control we would suggest growing it in a basket or container.
- Height 60-90cm (24-36in) tall .
- Planting depth 0-20cm (0-8in)
- Cut flowers back to ground level in late Autumn.
- Remove and dead foliage in early Spring before new growth starts.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 16:30pm and via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.