Stachys officinalis ( Betony ) Native
Stachys officinalis ( Betony ) Native. Is a bushy perennial bearing delightful purple-red blooms from June to August, which are a magnet for bees and other pollinators. It is widely used in garden landscaping and once established it is easy to maintain.
Because It’s a vigorous grower it thrives in heavy wet well drained soils.
Ideal for using as a wildflower plant along the pond margin or bog garden. It does as well in sun as in shade.
- For best results grow Stachys officinalis in heavy, wet soil in full sun to full shade. Cut back in autumn. It will self-seed readily.
- Height 60cm ( 24 inches ), Spread 20cm ( 8 inches)
- Nectar rich flowers from June to September
- Once well established can be spilt and divided in Autumn.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all moisture plants bare root. This means that we wash the soil off before packing plants ready for potting on or planting direct into their permanent position. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm via telephone Monday to Friday and email outside of these hours we are happy to help with any queries.