Water Forget-me-not (Myosotis scorpioides)
Water Forget-me-not (Myosotis scorpioides) is a native shallow water pond plant it has also been known by Myosotis palustris. This is the indigenous and well-known water forget me not with its pretty sky blue flowers. It is low growing and fairly free flowering from May to August. It is perfect for planting in damp habitats, such as pond margins, riverbanks, Bog gardens and marshes, either submerged in shallow water, or on surrounding ground. You can also grow these in tubs and barrels as they are low growing they provide good cover for the edges. A delightful addition to any garden and a wonderful versatile plant .
- When the flowers fade cut them back to encourage further flowering.
- Height 15cm to 25cm (6 -9 in)
- Good for wildlife providing cover and shelter and a favourite for newts and other aquatic animals to lay their eggs.
- Planting depth of water above crown 0 – 10cm (0 – 4in).
- Flowers from May to August. Cut back after flowering.
- Will become dormant during the winter.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.