Acorus calamus Variegatus (Large)
Acorus calamus Variegatus (Large) Is a marginal shallow water plant. This plant produces handsome green/white variegated erect sword-like leaves, which are its main feature. It is suitable for planting in the margins of pond or beside lakes and streams. It gives good coverage for wildlife to shade from the sun as well as providing an interesting feature to your garden.
- Plant the rhizomes directly into pool or stream-side soil or in planting baskets and it will gradually spread to form an attractive architectural clump, easily kept in check.
- Height 90cm (3ft ) x spread 60cm ( 2ft )
- Planting depth 5cm to 30cm ( 2in to 10in )
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 22cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.