Double Arrowhead (Sagittaria flore pleno)
Double Flowered Arrowhead (Sagittaria flore pleno) is a shallow water marginal pond plant. It has also been known as swamp potato. This is probably the most popular arrowhead as it produces flowers that are a mass of white petals on approx. 2 ft stems. In other respects foliage is similar to other arrowheads, being large, glossy and arrow shaped. The plant naturally reverts back to a tuber in the winter with the new growth appearing in spring. When purchasing in early spring these plants will naturally present as a tuber which can be planted directly into your ponds to start its growth.
- Planting depth 7-12cm (3-5 ins) of water above crown best planted in shallow water.
- Height 60cm (24in)
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers from July to August.
- Becomes a tuber during the winter months
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0860
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.