Umbrella Palm (Cyperus Alternifolius)
Umbrella Palm (Cyperus Alternifolius) is a marginal shallow water plant. An attractive, clump forming plant with rushy green arching leaves. Strong upright stems are topped with umbrella like spokes. Forms an interesting seed head that turns dark brown in autumn providing a good food source for birds. Suitable shallow pond margins or boggy conditions.
- Can also be grown as a houseplant.
- Likes nutrient rich soil.
- Protect from strong sunlight requires partial shade
- Forms clumps up to 60cm (24in) high
- Spread 60cm (24 in).
- If planted deeply enough it should survive the average winter but we recommend protecting the crown in winter.
- Planting depth 0-10cm (0-5in)
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0230
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information. We are available between 08:30am and 16:30pm from Monday to Friday and also via our email. Our plant team will be happy to help with any queries you may have.