Double Flowering Marsh Marigold
Double Flowering Marsh Marigold. (Caltha Palustris Flore Pleno) is a shallow water marginal plant native to the UK. It heralds the spring with a gorgeous display of multi-petalled, vibrant yellow flowers which sometimes in April, completely cover the plant. A very popular choice with gardener’s its green leaves are round and serrated and will form attractive clumps. Suitable for planting in all types of ponds alongside lakes river and streams. Also very happy on bog gardens and wetland areas in permanently moist soil. After flowering, remove the dead flower heads and this lovely plant will sometime flower again in late summer/early autumn given the right weather conditions.
- Do not bury the crown of the plant.
- Position in full sun to partial shade.
- Flowers from March to April.
- Height 25cm (10in)
- Depth 0-5cmof water.
- Cut back after flowering.
- We would recommend a planting basket of at least 11cm across for one plant or, for more impact, plant several of the same variety in a larger basket.
- Product Code: M0140
- We ship all marginal water plants bare root, this means that we wash the soil off before packing plants. During the summer months we may need to trim some of the foliage back for shipping.
- Contact us if you require more information